I am Sam Reflection

I am Sam is a unique movie that is about a man that has the mental capacity of a seven year old. This man is Sam, he is a Starbucks barista that had a baby with a homeless women. The women leaves him after his daughter is born. Sam is stuck raising a little baby named Lucy.

The movie was really different from what I’m used to. There were certain parts in the movie that were really emotional and some parts that were quite funny. When Sam got a lawyer probono to  help get Lucy back, I found that Sam was disrespected, because he was different. Although he was just trying to get his daughter back, nobody thought he was capable of raising a child that was smarter than him. Sam’s goal was to get Lucy back and live a normal life. The thoughts that would go through my mind when Lucy would trick the child services and go off somewhere with her dad were all over the place. Some of the thoughts were cheering her on with the plan, while some of the others were thinking that she should have done something else or nothing at all.

Image result for I am sam gif

One thought on “I am Sam Reflection

1. Good view on the movie, I found your POV was very similar to mine in how you thought that he was disrespected. Good Job!!!